Thursday 31 March 2011

Children's books

I took advantage of the week I spent at my sister's to have a good rummage through all of her kids' books!
Here are some interesting examples of the illustrations I liked best:


"Mummy Mine" is a book written by Tim Warnes and illustrated by Jane Chapman. The pictures are very good as they capture the nature of the animals well whilst still creating a fresh style that appeals to children.



"Lost and Found" by Oliver Jeffers is a beautifully illustrated book. His style is very minimalist but at the same time extremely expressive, this book was so popular that a short 25 minute film adaption was made.


"Hide and Seek Birthday Treat" by Linda Jennings and illustrated by Joanne Partis, has a more experimental illustration style as the images are a mixture of collage, hand drawing, painting and pastels.
I like this mixed media style and I think that it is definitely something I should try experimenting with.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment